Monday, June 1, 2015

Zone Conference Week

Dear Family, Well it was zone conference week and I had the opportunity to go to Guadeloupe and have zone conference there! It was pretty sweet! I've always been on Guadeloupe for zone conférences so it was nice for a change to be able to sit back and enjoy the plane ride! :) Although, I'm getting pretty tired of getting on and off of planes! Never thought I would say that but the time came! But like is good and planes are still fun! It was super crazy to think that it was my last zone conference! I can remember sitting in my first zone conference and all of the missionaries that were going home bore their testimonies and I was sitting there thinking wow, they are so old and it is going to be forever before that is me. Crazy enough, here I am and that was me bearing my testimony! It was a very interesting experience for me! I have been very thankful for the progress that the Lord has allowed me to make throughout my mission and to see so many tender mercies! It is crazy to see that the Mehr's are going home now too! The Jersey thing that we did for them really touched their hearts and it was all so Worth it! They loved them! We sure do love the Mehr's! :)

So during zone conference we talked about things like bearing testimony often, the Atonement and what and investigator must know, feel, and do to progress towards eternal life! It was all so edifying and the spirit truly did correct me! Not even a couple days before our zone conference, Elder Rowley and I were in a lesson and I was telling someone how God doesn't need anyone of us to be God and stuff like that. Well in zone conference President Mehr got up and asked us that same question and how we felt about it. Right there, I just knew that God needs us all! We all play a huge part in the plan of salvation! If it wasn't for all of us, there would be no free agency! If there was no Christ, there would be no resurrection! It was one of the "ah ha" moments and I thought to myself, well I should have known better! It is pretty funny when stuff like that happens! Elder Rowley got up and gave a short little talk on our purpose and the importance of the restoration. For a missionary who hasn't been out very long, you never would have even thought that while he was talking! He bore powerful testimony and everyone felt the spirit! Elder Rowley is a champ missionary and I'm so impressed with how awesome of a missionary he is! Always so happy and in a positive attitude! Zone conference was awesome! I even got to eat a bokit and to drink dr. Pepper! My friends from st.martin brought me some mt. dew too! :)

Well that is about all for today! We got some work to do this week! Elder Perry will be missed! What a dedicated servant of the Lord! I love you all and my prayers are with you! :) Love Elder Peterson!

No comments:

Post a Comment