Monday, June 15, 2015

Ramesh Fighting Like a Lion

Dear family,

If there has been ever a time that I've felt like a new missionary, it is right now! haha I'm not sure I really know what I'm doing because everything that I have been trying to do in this area hasn't really been working out for us! But that is okay because I know it is the Lord's way of humbling me and showing me that it is not to be done my way but his way! A great example of that is Nephi and the ship that he built, it was after the Lord's way that it was made possible! So yeah, that is a lot of what I've been learning these past couple weeks as we have been working hard and staying motivated! We even went to far as to put a sign up on the boardwalk to try and talk to people! That was definitely scary at first, the people here don't have a very good image of "Mormons" so we are trying to get rid of that! :) We have the idea of taking a small tv into the park and playing I'm a Mormon videos and trying to give people a chance to change their minds! We sure have been having some interesting experiences! :)

A cool experience that I had this past week with a "Water tower Experience". Now President Mehr gave it that name because of an experience that he had but the best way I can describe it right now is basically an experience like that of Joseph smith in the Sacred Grove or even Enos and his "soul hungered"! It is an opportunity to seek out the Lord's revelation! So that is what we did! We went down to the beach and we just prayed and meditated and read the scriptures one night. It was great the comfort that came through the power of the scriptures as I sat there and asked the Lord questions. It is true that when we ask him specific questions, he will answer us specifically according to his will! I found comfort in know that the Lord has a work to be accomplished and as much as I wish that "I were an angel, to cry Repentance" as Alma says in Alma 29, that the Lord has asked me, Elder Peterson, to do all in my power and not in the power of an angel to bring his children unto him. He needs my testimony and I find that pretty dang awesome! We've got a lot of work to do! :)

I have to go though and I wish you all a very fantastic week, I send my love and prayers!! Thank you for your love, support and prayers! Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment