Monday, September 15, 2014

Scriptures

Well, here we are again, sending emails! I'm just going to start off by saying that the scriptures are awesome! Each day I get up and study, I learn something awesome out of the Book of Mormon and surprisingly that day I end up using what I learned! It is a pretty simple concept but each time it happens I'm pretty amazed! The Book of Mormon was truly inspired for out time and for the questions that we all have!

We had a pretty great week here and things are starting to pick back up again! Lucienne was at church along with two other investigators we have! Lucienne asked us saturday night, how long she needed to let us know that she wants to get baptized, before the actual baptism! We believe that her baptism will be this saturday! That is what we are praying for atleast! :) She is amazing, she has read like 3/4 of the Book of Mormon and her book is so marked up! She loves it! I was blessed with the opportunity to give a talk on church on sunday and we all know how much I love giving talks ;) but it went pretty good and I talked about the Joy in serving the Lord! When I get infront of people like that I'm sure my French is awful cause I get nervous haha! Oh well! Last night we went and saw a guy that is the highest catholic priest on all of Guadeloupe and it was pretty cool to sit and talk with him! He was super nice and we simply just talked about religion and different things! He has even read the Book of Mormon but I'm not sure how he felt about it! This week we have zone conference and we all pretty excited for that! Elder Claudio D. Zivic will be here. He gave the talk in the last general conference about Delicat Arch in Moab! That will be a pretty cool experience! We are trying to make the work better in Lamentin, something that seems like a never ending process but it is great :) Always room to improve something!

Sounds like everyone is doing well! I send my thoughts and prayers! I've been hearing rumors about some stuff that is going on in the world! Not good to be hearing that but I know that if we focus on the things that really matter in life, the plan of salvation, the atonement of christ, we can find happiness! Christ's light will shine in any amount of darkness! I love you all and send my appreciation! :) have a great week!! Love Elder Peterson!

No comments:

Post a Comment