Monday, August 4, 2014

Lamentin

   Well week one in lamentin was awesome! Elder Christensen and I have set some awesome goals and we are super excited to see what comes of it! One of the goals that we have recently made was to be exactly obedient so that we can achieve a goal of 3 baptisms this transfer. We started off our goals by fasting this past fast Sunday and we are excited to see what comes of it! We have already been starting to see awesome miracles happen as we have showed the lord our desires to baptize and to work hard! We did a lot of contacting this past week in some areas that haven't been worked in for a long time, if ever. The good news is, is that we placed a book of mormon with almost each contact that we had and that was a huge blessing. We really found some awesome people and we will see what comes of it this coming week! In fact, we came across a family that had a little girl that was eight years old and she amazed me with her knowledge of the gospel! All of the questions that we asked the parents (not thinking that she would understand), she ended up answering them perfectly! Elder Christensen and I were amazed! A lot of our contacts that we found were really awesome people and some huge blessings for us!
   We have a progressing investigator whose name is Lucian and we just had a miracle lesson with her last night with one of the members in our branch! Lucian has been struggling with finding the truth and has went through a couple church's, so she is pretty closed up and is having troubles deciding what to do! The lesson we had last night really helped her and we can tell that she knows that these things are true but she is still struggling a little bit! Our member that we were with really helped her and showed immense love towards her, one reason that members are so important! So this week we have another appointment with her and we are expecting miracles!
   I'm loving this area and I am looking forward to the challenges that lie in front of me! I love serving and helping those around me! It isn't exactly the easiest thing at times but I love it and it really has been helping me change into a better person! I love you all and I hope everyone enjoys the snake river for me! :) Be safe!! Thanks for all of the love and support! You are in my prayers!! Love Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment