Monday, July 7, 2014

Busy Week

Wow, that was a pretty busy week and it seems like all we did was just run around all over the place! We had so many meeting and stuff to be to that it just seemed like we were always at the church or traveling to the chapel in Abymes! But we had a baptism and it went great! Jean has been such an amazing person and now he has finally made it to the port and made his way through! The baptism was awesome and a lot of members were there which was a blessing! It always seems like we can't get a whole lot of members to baptisms so we were blessed with this one! Funny little story, in sacrament meeting, I had the wonderful opportunity to translate from French to English for two of our members because there was a family from the states here and they wanted them to understand. The Father of the family served here 20 years ago! But the translating was a huge challenge! It kicked my butt! I need to put more work into language study, that is for sure! But it did surprise me with what I did know and what I did understand! This week we had a devotional that President Eclar put on and I feel like that went pretty well! It was on missionary work but he talked a lot about how we can share even just small things to plant seeds in the hearts of others! Also had to take my bike into the repair shop so we have been on foot for the past week now! I was sick of "jimmy rigging" stuff to make it work so I decided to take it in to be fixed! I am looking forward to getting the bike back, foot is kind of slow work! We had a bbq to celebrate the 4th of July and it was great to be able to think about America for a little while! The highlight of the week was definitely the baptism! We love Jean and it has been such a wonderful opportunity to work with him! The Lord has been blessing us and helping us immensely!

I hope everyone had a fantastic fourth of July and that all is well back home! I send my love and support and I'm so appreciative of the prayers and thoughts on my behalf! I love you all and have a great week! :) Love elder Peterson!

 Elder Savage Making Us Some Hamburgers
 Elder Smith Doesn't Like Hot Foods
 Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment