Monday, January 6, 2014

2014

Well Happy New Year! I still feel like it is 2013 because usually the snow signals a new year for me but here on this Island snow doesn't exist so I think my mind is a little thrown off cause it is still expecting snow! This is an awesome change though! Lately here on Guadeloupe, the weather has been awesome! That or I'm just getting used to the heat! But anyways, I'm looking forward to this new year and being able to serve the Lord and put all of my efforts into inviting others to come unto Christ! It is going to be a great year!!

This week for us has been pretty great! It was weird saying goodbye to Elder Pratt or my "Father" as most missionaries say, and welcoming back Elder Galati! I learned a lot from Elder Pratt and he was a great example to me of what I needed to do in the Mission. He will be awesome down in French Guyana! So far, Elder Galati and I have been doing great together. Our teaching needs a little work as it does with most new companionship's but he has really been helping me out with everything! It's been great! This week we made a goal with our District President to have 10 baptisms a month on Guadeloupe and it made me pumped! It makes me really want to work hard and do everything that I can to help achieve this goal! Our area is doing pretty well! A cool little experience, Elder Pratt had contacted a group of Haitians while I was getting legalized one day and we went and saw them for the first time this week. We finished discussing the Restoration with them and they all said, "when can we get this Book of Mormon?!" It was super cool I thought! And it was definitely a blessing! As the weeks go by, I'm learning more and more! I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to be here on a mission, it is such a blessing in my life!

Oh yeah and we have had a mice problem this past week, so we went out and got some traps and sure enough we keep catching mice! Dang things haha! But life is great here! I hope that everyone is doing great and I wish you all a happy new years! I love you all so much and I appreciate all the letters and everything that you have sent me! :) I love you all and have a great week! Love Elder Peterson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment