Monday, November 4, 2013

I put the wrong gas in the car.....

   And another week has flown by again! The red soxs won!!! yay haha I really did not care who won the game because they are both my favorite teams! That is good either way I think! I was excited to hear there was snow on the ground! I dream about what it would be like if it snowed here! I would be pretty excited for something like that!! It will never happen though! I am slowly adjusting to this weather. Once you are sweating it is all fine and dandy!
   So one cool thing that happened this week, we received a member referral from one of the lady's in the ward, and it took us a very long time to come in contact with her! but finally this week we made contact and were able to have 2 lessons with her. The first lesson was awesome! she told us that she could feel something in her heart telling her that it was true! that was in the first lesson!! we felt prompted to ask her to be baptized, she told us that she wanted to pray about us and then she would know. about two days later we went back and she told us she did not pray because she did not really have the time. So we decided that it would be a good idea to have her pray right there with us and to really have a sincere desire to know if these things are true. The prayer was so beautiful and afterwards we asked her how she felt and she told us she knows that it is true!! she told us that she is going to talk with her family and we are going to set a baptismal date! What a blessing!!
   We had 7 investigators at church, which is also another great blessing! we were hoping for a family to come that we set baptismal dates with but unfortunately they have some problems going on right now and were not able to make it, but the blessing about this family is that we are really starting to see a change of heart. They have been difficult to work with because they do not really realize how important these things are! but we have had great faith for them and as we have continued to work with them, we can see a change coming! The lord works in mysterious ways but he always knows what he is doing!!
   To make a long story short, the other day we went to get gas. For some reason this gas station was a self serve(all the other ones, someone does it for you). So elder Pratt went and paid for the gas while I started filling the car up. I figured that the nozzle that was green is the diseal because that is how it is in America. Turns out it was not. so yeah I filled the car up with unleaded and we did not make it very far before the car started acting funny. Then it clicked in my head haha. I felt so stupid but luckily no damage was caused and we got everything fixed and put the right gas in. Not one of my smartest moments!
   Anyways, everyone have an awesome week!! I love you all more than anything and I am thankful for all of your love and support!!! Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment