Monday, May 25, 2015

Finding Investigators

Well, I wrote in my journal a lot more this past week and guess what? I still don't remember that much.... ;) But I still have a couple good stories! That was a dang quick week thought even though the days were kind of long as it took me a little time to adjust to my new area! This is probably the most beautiful area that I've had during my mission so I will try not to be to trunky! :) The other day we woke up and ran along the beach for our morning exercise and that was pretty sweet! I'm now in a car for good and I don't know if that is a good thing or not because now I have a good chance of being unhealthy again so I better spend a lot of time working out in the morning! My area is pretty interesting, I don't even know how to explain it geographically. It is like a whole bunch of rolling hills on the side of a giant mountain and it is right on the ocean front, that being the Atlantic Ocean so yeah it is pretty sweet! There are a ton of sugar cane fields and banana fields so that makes it interesting! Something that I've noticed here in these islands is how when you change cities on the island, the people are different from those that you just got used to. It almost two different countries so yeah that has been interesting to adjust to again!

So this week we spent a lot of time finding because a couple of their really powerful investigators got baptized so now we are focused on building up our teaching pool. I could almost say that it is a never ending process! Always finding! And you know what that means, finding means getting doors slammed in faces and that always gets interesting! I can already say I don't enjoy that too much and guess what happened this past week? Yeah we got a door slammed on us but what impressed me the most was how my companion responded to it! He goes Sweet! My first door getting slammed on me!! and he was just enthusiastic about it so I was pretty impressed with that and it sure brought a smile to my face and I was thankful for that! We had some pretty sweet miracles with finding too. One day we had some appointments fall through so we went out finding and we needed some help because we hadn't been having much success. We prayed, asked for some help and then got out of the car and not 1 minute later this guy walked up to us and started asking who we were! How cool is that? It was a great testimony builder for me of the power of prayer and how important it is to stay humble and acknowledge the Lord in every aspect of the work! The Lord wants us to ask for help, we just need to be humble enough to ask first! :) Things are going great! We have a lot of work to do and we are looking forward too it! Also I'm in a group and no longer in the branch so we have church in a house and there is like 16 members on average there! Pretty cool huh! :)

Happy memorial day to you all! AMMMEERIICA!! :) I sure do love you all and have a great week! Elder Peterson!

No comments:

Post a Comment