Thursday, April 30, 2015

MLC

Wow, Mission Leadership conference was amazing and such a blessing for me! I feel honored to be entrusted with the leadership calling in this mission! I felt that the Lord wanted me to this MLC for some reason and when I got there and started hearing from my leaders, I knew very quickly that the messages had been prepared by the spirit and that I had a lot to learn! There is a familiar spirit always when we as children of God gather around to discuss the same goal in helping the Father obtain his goal, that being one of immortality and eternal life of all men! I once had an ecclesiastical leader write me a note talking about riding dirt bikes, since that is one of my passions, and I remember him saying that missionary work is incredibly greater than a nice long ride, him being someone who enjoys riding dirt bikes as well. I always pondered on that throughout my mission and truly reflected on that statement. How could going out, knocking on doors, not being able to speak French, walking under the hot sun, and other things be more fun than riding a dirt bike? I would ask myself that often. As I have grown closer to my Savior and felt the spirit of this work, a spirit that is quite indescribable, I have truly grasped the purpose of me being here. I can no say that this is the best work that I have ever done and ever will do. I know missionaries say that often but I add my testimony that this isn't, in my eyes, "work", it is a great joy and undertaking that the Lord has allowed me to begin. To truly see his hand manifested in my life through this work. At our training I really loved how much we talked about the Doctrine of important principles like the Sabbath day and taking the sacrament, the oath and covenant of the Priesthood, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, Branch council, and Spiritual gifts. One thing that I loved most is how great of a responsibility we have to be doing this work! The Sacrament, one of the most important hours that we can truly use to have a personal interview with the Lord and to seek his guidance and forgiveness!

That isn't even a small portion of that which was discussed these past couple days but I can say that it was amazing and that the spirit was so so strong! I love the Lord! I love you all so very much and have a great week! Congrats to Tyler and his engagement! Super cool stuff! love you all love Elder Peterson

 Trinidad! 
The wonderful Mehrs
French leaders!
Elder Christensen right before going home!
In the mission home for MLC
These are two pictures of when we all got to the west indies! The one is in the Airport, that being the whole group of missionaries that came in that day! The other is our MTC group of french missionaries all together! Two very great memories for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment