Monday, February 9, 2015

Fasting Brings Blessings

Dear family,
Today I would like to testify of the power of fasting and of the Book of Mormon. This past Sunday, one of my goals for fasting was to receive inspiration and revelation on how I could become more sanctified and converted to the gospel. I've been noticing a lot lately how easily the things of the world can corrupt us and bring darkness into our lives. I've really been longing to have a way that I can constantely find peace in the Gospel. Anyways, sacrament rolls around and I felt like I should read the sacrament prayers really slowly and meditate about them during sacrament. I ended up reading all of Moroni during sacrament and I received a lot of revelation on what I need to be doing to become more converted to the Gospel. In Moroni chapter 7 verse 6-7 it says: for if he offereth a gift, or prayeth unto God, except he shall do it with real intent itprofiteth him nothing. 7 For behold, it is not counted unto him for righteousness. I instantely knew then that my prayers have really been lacking. I meditated a lot about my prayers and I asked myself in I pray with real intent. I thought of all those times that I kneeled down beside my bed and how I was too tired to really thank the Lord for the things that I have been blessed with. I definitely have came a long ways with my prayers but I know that I could do a lot better. Prayer is so powerful and all over in the scriptures we learn about how prophets of old truly received revelation through the power of prayer. I love the example of Enos: 3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into myheart. 4 And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry untohim; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens. 5 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed. 6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away. 7 And I said: Lord, how is it done? 8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in theflesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.

Do the words of prophets, apostles, Church leaders, and teachers in the Church truly sink deep into our hearts? Do we kneel before our maker and truly cry unto him in mighty prayer and supplication. I know it is something that will change lives, just like it changed the life of Enos. We can receive the forgiveness of our sins and truly build a Relationship with our father in Heaven through prayer. In the talk by Elder Holland "My words Never Cease" we read: The ultimate source of knowledge and authority for aLatter-day Saint is the living God. I love the gospel, there is so much peace that comes from the true and living gospel! :) I will definitely be working a lot on my personal conversion in the weeks to come! Fasting is such a blessing! anyways, that's a little bit of what I received in my fast! 

We had great week! we set another baptismal date and that was a huge blessing for us! We are going to go out and go hard this week and see what miracles the lord has instore for us! :) I love you all so much and I hope that everyone has a fantastic week filled with joy and love towards others! I thank everyone for the love and support! Love Elder Peterson!

No comments:

Post a Comment