Monday, June 16, 2014

Dear Family and Friends

Well here we are again sending emails haha I will probably never understand how time flies like this but that is life I guess and it seems to only speed up! We had a great week and saw some pretty wonderful miracles as usual! I always try and keep President Uchtdorf's talk on my mind so that I can be thankful for the rain or my trials before I see the rainbow and it seems to be working and helping me out! We just received our transfer calls again and I am staying here in Capesterre for another six weeks and I am looking forward to it! I really want to see what I can do here to progress the work and see what things I can learn! We have been finding a lot of contacts lately because of our desires to find new people haha so we are being blessed! We have been setting the goal to work more with the members so we will see if we can't get some member referrals! :) I can testify that members make all the difference in missionary work!

Saturday we had our Polynesian day and it was super sweet! All of the members on Guadeloupe were there along with a bunch of investigators and friends of members! The Tahitians made a whole bunch of food by heating up a bunch of rocks and burying them in the sand! We watched them dance and had a bunch of activities and it turned out really great! It makes me want to visit Tahiti now! :) 

Also quick little story, Elder Ehlert and I had to out run some gangsters last night on their scooter! We where going down this hill and here comes this scooter head on with its lights off and almost hits us! We didn't really think anything of it till later down the road we heard honking and yelling and I turned and looked back and saw that scooter coming after us so I said that it was time to go and we booked it out of there and basically had to do some evasive maneuvers to escape them and it got our adrenaline pumping! It was pretty funny to think that two white boys out ran some gangsters on their scooter! It was fun :)

Well that is all for this week! I hope fathers day was great and that all the fathers got spoiled ;) I love you all! keep on keeping on!! Love elder Peterson!

No comments:

Post a Comment