Monday, November 17, 2014

Ma chère famille

Hello family and Friends! Well I don't have a lot of time because I spent a lot of my time sending pictures so I hope you enjoy those! I will tell you what though, I don't enjoy sitting in airports all day long! We had quite the experience getting to Trinidad! So our plane left Tuesday from Guadeloupe at 6:55 am and we made it to Martinique right around 8 am. We were supposed to leave Martinique at about 10 or a 11 am to make it to a flight from barbados to trinidad at around 1 pm! Well when we got to Martinique (we as in all the French side missionaries which makes 10 of us) the plane was delayed and we didn't end up leaving till about 1 pm and by the time we got to barbados our plane had already left and the next flight wasn't until 8:55 that night. I didn't get into bed till about 1 in the morning and then we woke up at 6 to walk to the mission home! :) It was a fun experience! Trinidad was amazing and we had such an amazing time all learning and being inspired by the spirit! It was so great and I was definitely sad to leave the next day but I was pumped to go out and apply all the things that we learning in the Leadership conference! Now I just hope that Elder Johnston and I can relay the message with as much power! :) We talked about a lot of things in our conference, from effective branch councils to teaching skills and then at the very end we had a giant testimony meeting where everyone bore their testimonies! It was such a great experience for me and I'm thankful for the opportunity that I had to go there and learn! I was inspired to work so much harder and to continue letting the gospel change my life! There is so much to say about it but not enought time, I'm sorry! 

Francoise and Noemi weren't at church on Sunday so we will be setting a new baptismal date with them this coming week! We don't doubt that they will be baptized! It is just a matter of time! There have been some members that have been giving us some sweet referrals and we will start working closely with them this coming week! We are truly being blessed! I'm pretty sure I always say that but it is true! :)

My companion is awesome! He has been such a great friend and he is so kind hearted! He makes me laugh all the time too and I enjoy that haha! He has been out on his mission for 2 transfers longer than I and he is from arkansas!

I have to go though but I send my love to you all and I hope everyone has a fantastic week!! Thank you for all the love and prayers!

Love Elder Peterson! Read the Book of Mormon, it is sweet! :)

Elder Johnston and I
Ford mustang
Martinique airport and walking out to the plane
AMERICA IN BARBADOS!
Elder Belnap and I
again walking in the rain
Taking off shoes to go into the mission home
and another mission friend!
Elder Hatch and I
In Trinidad
, they gave us rain ponchos
also walking out to the plane in the rain
In Trinidad
Banane pesée. The Police got us. Just kidding, that is Luciennes daughter and she is a police officer!

No comments:

Post a Comment