Monday, August 3, 2015

Last Email?

Hmm, I'm not really sure how I feel about this email, part of me wants to just say, "see you in a couple days" but the more part of me wants to take this as a great opportunity to reflect on the past two years! So I will go ahead and do that. I would like to start with Moroni 7:48 "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen." It has been a huge blessing for me to come on a mission and experience in my own personally way this, what Mormon explains and invites us all to do. There has been a purification and sanctification that has come thanks to my mission and thanks to the Atonement of Christ. I truly have gained a testimony of the Savior and I know that He does live and that the Atonement is real! I have seen so many wonderful tender mercies throughout my life and especially on my mission. I have seen the high moments and I have experienced the low ones. As Lehi said to his sons, "thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain". I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am for the past two years. It has been incredibly amazing. I never could have guessed that testifying to others about Christ and about the love he has for them would have been so joyful and such a blessing. I have found peace and comfort knowing that he does live and I love bearing my testimony of him. President Boyd K. Packer said, "A testimony is to be found in the bearing of it". I know personally that that is true. In the bearing of one's testimony, that testimony will grow. I have loved serving this wonderful people here. It has been a joy beyond measure! The Gospel is true, God lives and he has prepared the way for us! Well, I'm running out of time, so I will talk to you later. I love you all so very much. I'm indeed grateful for all of the love and support. May the Lord bless you and allow you to have such wonderful opportunities as I have had, if not better. I love you all and see you soon! :) The most amazing two years! Love Elder Peterson


The last Sunday in this beautiful Martinique branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment