Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Transfers

Already a new transfer! They only seem to speed up as time goes by, and that one did not feel like six weeks at all! Six weeks here in the mission is a really short time it seems like because back home six weeks was a very long time! Just makes me want to cherish my time here and do all that I can to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength!

This week was another great one! I branch had a baptism and that was awesome to see a boy that was 9 years old be baptized! Elder savage and I set a baptismal date with a married couple that we are very excited about! They live a little ways away from the church and they don't have a car so it is going to be a challenge for them to find a church but we are going to work out a way! We invited them to the baptism on Saturday but they didn't end up making it. We can tell they don't really understand that when they receive a testimony of these things that it will change their lives. That is all part of the learning process though and we will help them figure it out! We found a couple of small towns in our area that haven't really ever been worked in and we found out why when we got to them, they are up giant hills! But my companion and I decided there were souls to be saved and that our bodies could take it ;) But I will tell you, I was dying the whole way up and by the time I got to the top I was soaking wet! It was a great experience and we met some really great people. It was a blessing! This transfer, Elder savage and I are doing a language fast for the whole transfer. So goodbye to the English! It is going to be a challenge but we both know that it will greatly improve our french so we are looking forward to it! The mission is great and I am so happy to be here and I love it!! There is so much to learn and I still have a long ways to go but I know that will all be worth it! This week I was reading the ensign of march 2008 and it was a special on Jesus Christ. There is a talk from Russell M. Nelson about faith and he talks about a lot of things but I loved just this little part, Blessings that flow from faith in Him are also revealed in the Book of Mormon. There we read: “Ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.” That is the “greatest of all the gifts of God.”
 
I hope that everyone has an amazing week! I send all my love and support!! And thanks again for all that everyone does for me! :) Love Elder Peterson!

No comments:

Post a Comment